News & Updates
Join us for Family Style services on Sunday mornings. Kids (Nursery-6th grade) are welcome to join a socially distanced class or attend the main service with their family. The church offices and buildings will remain closed to the public during the week for the time being. All activities held at the church are limited and must be approved. Small groups are being offered on Sunday mornings in person and online.
Some of us have been working diligently to prepare our auditorium and worship center for us to gather inside since the middle of March. Please know that you will also always be able to attend church with us via Facebook live at 10:45am. We gather in person from 10:45am-12pm. Other than access to restrooms and the sanctuary during the service, the rest of the building will not be open.
- All extra activities and events at the facilities are postponed until further notice. This is a hard inconvenience for an otherwise very busy season of activities at our facility, however, this high use time is also the very reason that we need to postpone everything. Otherwise we would be spending an endless amount of time sanitizing and re-cleaning so many different parts of our facility. Additionally, while these events/activities might only be 1-3 hour events, there are some of us that spend multiple hours around the facilities and the potential for exposure increases dramatically. I’m very confident with this decision.
- A limited amount of personal activities will be allowed with one room available. Those wishing to book this room must contact the church office and sign a reservation agreement.
- Please pay attention to this – From my heart to yours.Church family, these continue to be very difficult and trying times to lead and pastor a congregation. I still have not found this “New Normal” that people are talking about. We really do want to see you together, and I know that you are gathering in different ways, times, and places outside of the church gatherings. But we still MUST BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT YOUR GATHERINGS FOR CHURCH. I’m with you and/or I see you at community events, ball games, birthday parties, work, and very soon, at school. To a large degree the places that host you become responsible for your care and safety and we take that very seriously!! Some of you agree with that and some of you do not, but we are still going to take it seriously. At this time we are not requesting that all wear a face mask, but we are recommending “social distancing” and frequent hand washing. We are still sanitizing our facilities after each use. We will not over crowd a room for church or Bible Studies.
- Now, that being said, with school about to start, we will be taking steps to offer times for Sunday school and Bible study for the rest of the family. I’m not sure what that will look like and how immediate that will happen. Thank you for your patience in the last few months, could I ask for a little more?
If you have questions or advice I’d really appreciate hearing from you. During these days we still plan on working very hard to connect with you through e-mails, social media and phone.
Please know that you can contact us at the church through email at email@example.com. You really should regularly check our website. We will be updating that site immediately as changes and new information come along. You can also follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Our goal is to stay connected with each of you during these times. We are here to love and serve the community that God has given us. We are thankful for each one of you who are apart our church family and the surrounding community. If we don’t already have it, send us your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can stay connected with you throughout this process.
God bless you, Southgate. I’m honored to be your Pastor.
- As of 4:00pm on Wednesday, July 29th, we will begin having modified services on Sundays at our “normal” time 10:45am, and all extra activities, and events have been postponed, altered, or canceled. We will reevaluate as we receive more information from local authorities.
- Please see the points below for our service plans.
- The church office and buildings will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- We have all intentions of resuming a normal schedule as soon as possible in accordance with national and state recommendations.
- Any changes will be posted here and social media.
In a word, no. “Normal” holiday’s just won’t be possible at Southgate this year. However, we will do our best to provide you with a safe environment while coming to church each season, alternatives to our usual traditions, and ways to participate if you cannot be with us in person.
Updates on each specific event will be on our event page as they are announced.
- When you arrive, if you need help parking your car, please pull up to the front doors, someone will provide you with some instructions and assistance.
- To those who wander, there is a plan for a security person to patrol the parking lot.
- There will be two doors open for an entrance and two doors open for an exit.
- Someone will be in the front lobby to welcome you home, but they will not shake your hand or hug you.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations in the main lobby and near the auditorium doors should you need to come in or out during the service.
- Inside the front lobby, you’ll find a table that has hand sanitizer, and coloring pages and crayons for the kids.
- We will not require you to wear face masks, but there will be face masks available if you want one and did not bring your own.
- Restrooms will be open and available. We ask that you be considerate of spacing at the door and sink areas.
- Food and Drink
- We will not have any food, coffee, etc available to serve at this time.
- The water fountains will be closed and turned off. You may bring bottled water with you while you are at the church and in the auditorium. We also ask that you remove any bottles or other trash when you leave.
- Social Distancing – Again, please try to refrain from shaking hands or hugging.
- Someone will be seated at the Welcome Center and there will be a couple of “Hosts” in the lobby to assist you with any information that you may need.
- During the Service, in the Auditorium, every other row will be closed. You will see signs at each end of the pews to let you know which ones are “Closed”. We ask that families be seated together and to allow 6 ft between family groupings. Please be cautious to limit your physical interactions and contact.
- Kids – For those families that have small children, there will be a couple of places for you to care for your children’s needs. We have socially distanced classes available during the service for Infants through Sixth graders. Your children are welcome to attend that class or remain in the main service with you.
- We will not pass an offering plate, but there will be offering boxes at the main entrance/exit of the auditorium. [We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your financial faithfulness in online giving and mailing in your tithes and offerings in these recent months. God has provided!]
- We will also ask that you not gather too long in the auditorium or the front lobby.
- Please have any fellowship time outside at the covered drive through. We all miss and desire the fellowship, but we are going to remain cautious, guarded, and considerate.
- We will also be “closing the building” a little quickly because there will be a team staying behind to wipe down and sanitize the common surfaces.
- If it has not been yet said, we want to discourage handshaking, hugs, high fives, or other physical contact. (Yes, you want to and some of you will even do it, but we don’t encourage it.)
- Visit cdc.gov/coronavirus to learn more about symptoms and ways to prevent the spread of COVID.
- Out of respect for those not ready to participate in any “normal” routines we resume, we encourage you to read and follow our social distancing instructions above.
- If you want to volunteer at an in-person service or help with church online, let us know!
- Contact us with any needs you have or if you can help with other’s needs at southgatebaptistmoore.com/help
- Pray for our community and its leaders that they will know the right decisions to make during this time.
- Our staff will continue to work to serve you and the community throughout this closing. If you need to contact us, please do so via cell phone or email.
- We will be live streaming our services on Sunday mornings at 10:45am. Check out southgatebaptistmoore.com/live for ways to watch.
- Our small groups will be meeting Sunday mornings for Bible Study and Sunday School (some in person and some online) and more during the week for study and fellowship. If you are not connected to a group, please let us know and we’ll get you plugged in!
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates, encouragement, and fellowship.
- If you would like to receive email updates, please email us your contact info at email@example.com
Please email our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical problems related to our live stream. If you are on Zoom, please contact your small group leader first. If they’re not able to assist you, please email us.